Beiträge von Sascha

Team Rotwein

Samir (Z2/K2D2)

Okay, I do like the K2D2 list. I am not sure about Z2. What is this supposed to play against? It's obviously strong against dudespam, it obviously projects some janky casterkills, but I believe you missread the meta here a little bit. There's not that many prey for that list in the field, as far as I can tell. I'll give you 3.3/5 and I'll watch if you get to win some quality games against decent players with Z2 during this event.

Robin (Grim2/Madrak3)

Yeah, this is obviously good. The Madrak3 list is similar to the list that Wout Maerschalck plays and which I already awarded with a ton of Schmockpoints and I don't see why that should change with Robin at the helm. Except for the fact Robin hasn't played any meaningful games since last Eisenhammer and is as out of shape as they come. So if you guys wanna collect a really valuable scalp, I highly recommend coming after him. Anyways, I really like this Grim2 list, too. I love Turbopig with Mortality (great spell, btw). I like the Burrowers and the whole weapon crew boat with him as well. I'm going to give this a 4.8/5, even though I normally prefer pairings that have a dedicated gundrop like Kolgrimma or Gunny2.

Andi (Aline/Gearheart)

Who the fuck is Aline Bennet? OMG it's a chick with a jetpack? What the fuck is her spell list?? This seems actually pretty legit and I obviously can't talk smack about Baldy. I'll go with a 4.6/5, I'm just sold on this Bennet caster plus I'm partial to the fact that the lists are so long. Always looks a little bit more intimidating when your list requires 25-30 lines just to write it down.

Team Now not so Sure

Benoit (Xekaar/X1)

Let me tell you about Benoit, for some context. This is a guy who actually had a brain back in the day and found some WTC-relevant tech in the form of bringing a Bronzeback with Zaal2. This made the Zaal2 mirror A LOT better and the tech was deemed so important by the German High Council of Skorne that we actually quite seriously considered copying his list for the World Team Championships. Fast forward a couple of years and now look at this steaming pile of garbage that Benoit calls his pairing. What is this supposed to do? What is it supposed to be good against? Will it be good against anything? Can we return to some old-fashioned power gaming? 2.2/5

Niels (Vlad2/Sorscha1)

I think this Sorscha1 list is good for two things: a) killing a bunch of dudes - which not many people seem to be playing in this meta and b) killing people's casters - which I am no telling everybody: do not get your caster killed by this list. I don't think this list is great and if you get killed by Niels then I'll be quite disappointed with you! The other list is nice, I like it and I shall award most of the Schmockpoints based on this list only. 3.7/5

Klaas (Feora3/Feora4)

I like Feora3, this is very close to what I consider the best list for her and also pretty close to what Ben liked to play recently, so it's probably broken. Feora4 looks to me a bit overrated, but I might be wrong here. She definitely has potential, but we don't like potential in this show. We like proven track records and lists that already got a bunch of tournament wins under their belt. Which tournaments have you recently won with Feora4, Klaw? Come to think of it, which tournaments have you recently won, period? I wanna see some results, sexbomb. 3.3/5

Team Heimmannschaft

David (Lilly4/Bethayne2)

Why are we playing Lilly4 in Children of the Dragon? Also, why THE FUCK do we not have a beast that grants Lilly4 access to Snipe. Such as, I don't know, this handy Nephilim Boltthrower, which oh by the way, would get +2 ARM from your shitty themeforce. Also, why do both lists have an Azrael? I understand he got A LOT cheaper, but he still looks like garbage to me. Okay, so - if your plan was to score the lowest rating possible while playing one of the hottest new casters that Dr. Kellerman rates really highly, then yeah, good job. 2.6/5

Ionnais (Reznik2/Malekus1)

There's a bunch of good casters in your faction and you decided to navigate around them entirely. Also, did Zealots get buffed again or are they still just garbage? I won't bother looking them up on warroom, but if they didn't get a significant buff, then no, I don't think Malekus' feat will make them playable. Also, holy shit that's a big battlegroup that you're putting on an already focus strapped caster like Reznik2 here. 2.3/5

POSTMORTEM: It has recently come to my attention that this man decided to tinker with his lists after the list submission deadline. Normally, I'd absolutely let you know what I think of such spineless behaviour, BUT, this is your first Eisenhammer so I'm going to be merciful and wish you a very pleasant event instead. Also, I'm fully on board with your change. Kreoss1 suits this list. You are now piloting a pretty legitimate pop & drop list, which I creates problems in the matchup process. I like it (upgraded rating: 3.4/5).

Kai (Skarre1/Denny2)

This Skarre1 list is interesting and I got into trouble in a game Mordikaar vs Skarre1 Darkhost against Smerlap a few years ago at a convention in Hamburg, if I recall correctly. But your list looks slightly less polished than his. Also, can you play as well as Smerlap can? The Deneghra2 list doesn't look appealing to me, I don't know why. What is it supposed to play against? This is a team tournament - you need to generate missmatches in the pairing processs and I don't think that many people will want to dodge you based on your Denny2 list (Skarre1 is a different story). I'll give you a 2.9/5, and that's cutting me own throat.

Team Germany Red

Enes (Denny1/Skarre1)

I kinda wanna deduct some points from Kai again now that I read this Skarre1, because this is just ruthless and uncompromising (which must be rewarded with a lot of points, obviously). Of course it cannot play into all of the same matchups that the Dark Host version can, but it seems better to me overall, especially in a team tournament environment. Denny1 GF is of course near and dear to my heart as well. Coincidentially, GF is also insanely potent in creating problems in the pairing process. This is a 5.0/5 if I've ever seen one.

POSTMORTEM: It has recently come to my attention that this man decided to tinker with his lists after the list submission deadline. Enes B., I name you, I shame you and I'm somewhat tilted that you chose to migrate away from two lists that had already been approved by yours truly to some other lists. I actually think you fucked up a bit and like the Skarre1 more than your K2D2 build. But let's be real, K2D2 is still as schmocky as they come, so I'll give you a 4.8/5

Manni (Baldwin/Syvestro)

I like your Baldwin list, Baldwin is very powerful, I like powerful, blablabla, you'll get a bunch of points for this. I like Syvestro (at least in general), he's powerful, he can do recursion, I like both powerful and recursion, blabla, you'll get more points for this. HOWEVER, I spy two min units of Assault Troopers here, which tells me that MAYBE you aren't quite as committed to the credo of "leave-one-guy-at-my-table-edge-so-the-unit-doesn't-get-wiped-and-we-shall-revive-them-ad-nauseam" as you should be - and that disgusts me. Get max units with your Revive casters! 4.3/5

Wutini (Kolgrimma/Gunny2)

I love the casters, but I'm not sure about this Kolgrimma list. Looks way too fancy for me. I'm also not convinced by your loadout for Gunnbjorn. Your lists feel like you wanted to netdeck somewhere but forgot everything except the names of their casters?? I'm not gonna tell you "these lists are shit", simply out of respect for Kolgrimma as a caster, but let's be real. Deep down in your heart, you know they're shit. I predict you'll run into some mismatches because you didn't play the prerequisite pieces with your casters. 3.9/5

POSTMORTEM: It has recently come to my attention that this man decided to tinker with his lists after the list submission deadline. Danny L., I name you, I shame you and doubly so because you decided to not only adjust your lists a little bit BUT DECIDED TO ROLL WITH A COMPLETELY NEW FACTION. Ladies and gentlemen, that right there is the face of a man who went to a WTC practice weekend and got his teeth absolutely and completely kicked in to the point that he decided to swap factions just a few days before a big tournament. What a sore loser. He's at least playing a decent Rask list now which would under normal circumstances warrant quite a few schmockpoints, but I don't have the heart to award them.

Okay, you losers. By now you should know the drill*. I'm primarily here to insult y'all and chew bubblegum. And I'm all out of bubblegum. I'm also in a particularly bad mood after a few lowlifes talked the TO around to extend the list submission deadline AFTER I've already compiled my ratings. And I've made the tactical mistake of starting with a strong team with quite a few good lists, which kinda set the bar. And since I'm not quite prepared to correct or own my mistake, I've decided to roll with it and let you fools suffer for it instead. So brace for impact.

*if this is really your first Eisenhammer and you didn't sign up to be insulted by yours truly, then I am extremely sorry. You'll grow into it. Being insulted and shittalked by me is an acquired taste, I am told.

Zwei Maenner & ein Prinzesschen

Smerlap (K2D2/Denny1)

Okay, I give this guy in general the benefit of the doubt, pretty much no matter what he plays. Doesn't hurt that he's playing some old fan favourite (Denny1 GF) and the new shit K2D2 who by now has been established to be busted. The only real way to subtract significant points here would be if he'd been snatching away K2D2 from a Khadoran teammate, which he isn't. So let's start off this edition of Schmockratings with a perfect 5/5. Which is bad for all of you other guys, because that's the standard I'll be holding you guys to.

Wout (Madrak3/Kolgrimma)

These lists have changed quite a bit since last Eisenhammer and I don't quite understand why? We've won that tournament, remember old friend? In particular, Wout has ditched his favourite anti-gunline drop from Gunbjorn2 into Kolgrimma. Unfortunately, I really respect Kolgrimma, too, so I can't slag him off too much here. We'll give a generous 4.4/5, because the lists are strong even though Wout violates ye olde rule of "never change a running system".

Laurens (Vyros2/Kaelyssa)

You don't need to be Dr. Kellerman to identify that these lists are obviously shit. One just needs to count then number of Tridents spread accross these two steaming piles of garbage. Vyros2 obvious can/should function without Trident support, but let's be real here: Laurens nearly choked in our otherwise extremely successful run during Eisenhammer VI and I blamed that on a servere lack of Tridents back then and I shall do so again until proven otherwise. 1.7/5

they who fight with monsters

Lenny (WW/Krueger1)

Who the fuck is Chuck Dogwood? What does a Shivers do? Also, apparently there is now a Journeyman Krueger. I will assume usual PP track record (all new releases are completely overtuned till the next balance patch) and assume that this stuff is completely busted. Also, I'm going out on a limb here and predict that some of these releases aren't even that new, but hey, you can't expect some retired world champion to stay up to date. 4.2/5

Marcel (Madrak3/Kolgrimma)

I like the caster selection and the lists in general. His Kolgrimma opts to run the champion boat over the Death Archon compared to Wouts lists, but it still reads strong. I like the extra unit of long riders in Madrak3, too. I'll give you the exact same rating as Wout's lists (4.4/5) and don't you dare disappoint my trust and underperform here. I do have a long memory.

Stephan (Thexus/Ossrum)

I haven't the foggiest what mercs currently play and when I read through your lists I've suspected that they are shit. However, I decided to do right by you and call in my telephone joker Julian "Saviour" Boehm (I feel like I deserve one telephone joker per Eisenhammer, maybe this will become a regular thing now?). Anyways, Julian confirmed that your lists look "meh" and "a bit outdated". 2.9/5

Die Scheune

Brezel (Lilly4/Vayl1)

I like this Lylyth4, it has all the good shit, Naga, Teraph, Archangel, Blightarchon, some Deathstalkers + Spell Martyrs to channel Mortality. For everybody who's new to the show: Dr. Kellerman really likes Mortality. Vayl1 is another old fan favourite. I don't know if all this junior warcaster stuff is nice, but I would be willing to try this list. (4.0/5)

Chris (S2/Haley2)

Holy shit, ChrisMD is pushing Warmachine dollies? Can he still hold a tapemeasure straight? I'm a fan that he's still playing the same two casters he played like 10 years ago way back when. However, I've got the faint feeling Flames is better served with Stryker1, so gotta deduct some points there. The Haley2 list looks cool and interesting with all the characterjacks and big Nemo. Do we hand out Schmock points for free for players returning after a long break, just because their lists look "interesting"? Normally the answer would be "absolutely fucking not", but in this case, weeeeell. It's still Haley2. 3.6/5 seems like a good compromise.

POSTMORTEM: It has recently come to my attention that this man decided to tinker with his lists after the list submission deadline. Christian D., I name you, I shame you

but ultimately don't give a fuck, especially because I suspect you'll struggle more with a lack of tabletime than with your actual choice of lists.

Nik(Shade4/Garry2)

Okay, okay, so there's 1 (in words: one) Trident across two lists here. That's a lot better than what Laurens is doing. I also like the solo packages in both of your lists. I'm not convinced Ryssovas Defenders are the pick with Garryth, but what do I know. Still, my gut reaction (which is always correct, mind you) is: it feels like both lists could/should benefit from some more streamlining. 3.1/5

Germany Red 2

Tobias (H3/S1)

I am extremly partial towards H3. I think she's still superstrong and I believe Stryker1 is the best caster for Flames. I like pretty much everything about these two lists. However, if you drop Flames in all four rounds I will be sorely disappointed. 4.6/5

POSTMORTEM: It has recently come to my attention that this man decided to tinker with his lists after the list submission deadline. Tobias M., I name you, I shame you, but at the end of the day the H2 list you bring over your previous H3 still looks very powerful (+ I like Nemo4), so I shall not change my rating.

Brendan (Jalaam/Xekaar1)

Both Jalaam and Xekaar I think are really cool. Unfortunately, we don't give points for lists that are cool. We give points for powergaming and ruthlessly netdecking the strongest lists and these ain't it. Can we play some more of the good models? I'll give a generous 2.5/5 for this and oh by the way, if you bring disgrace on the Skorne Empire by not delivering with your subpar lists I'll have to report you to the Supreme Ruler of the Skorne Empire and I bet he'll bring out the pain barbs.

Petra (X1/Zaal2)

I like the Mammoth tech with Zaal2. It's not necessarily stronger or weaker than a more traditional battlegroup, but it changes a ton of matchups. I think Petra has a bit more taste in good models than Brendan, let's be honest here. We're rocking a ton of Supreme Gentlemen, we're rocking Zaal2. I just don't think I can give superhigh ratings here, because how much can you collectively fuck up as a team to not fit Rasheth into four skorne lists? 3.8/5

Cappucino Special

Rock (Rask/Maelok)

Friend, 2013 called and wants its lists back. This (minus some new riot quest solos) is like legitimately what Rickard Nilson advocated for almost a decade ago. Holy shit, almost a decade ago. I generally like what's happening, though. 3.9/5

Grumpy Dad (Vlad2/B3)

To be honest, my only questions is why no K2D2? I mean I like both these casters, don't get me wrong - and I like the loadout too. I think Vlad2 with the Manowar boat is great, I think Jaws is a good theme for B3. He can still bring the pain. I just think one proper jacklist with superhigh armor, preferrably with K2D2 would have been even more schmocky. I will give this the highest mark I'll give Khador without a proper jackwall list in the lineup - let's say 4.2/5?

Hard Place (Maddox/H3)

I don't know, but doesn't this Flames list just get better with Stryker1 at the helm? Why are we playing this stuff?? I can see how the Maddox feat solves some of Flames' damage problems, but I don't believe in this list. Also, if this is your "Dosenoeffner" list (yes, that's the technical term), why play a H3 list with a bunch of Stormblades and even more Precursor nights? I will voice a theory here. I think what's happend is this: one of the most qualified players in your local meta might be Christophe and he kicked your teeth in with a bunch of Manowartheme or jackspam lists a few times too often and now you're overly scared of not having enough armorcracking in your pairing. Stop this shit. Be more brave next time. This is a team event. Play Stryker1 Flames + some reasonable offlist and if somebody has too much armor in their pairing you dodge them in the pairing process. Create some matchups for your team instead. 2.9/5

Wegen des Trainingswochendes. Von Germany Red. Wird die Listenabgabe nochmal extended. For real? Hab ihr inzwischen selber festgestellt, dass eure Listen dogshit sind? Haettet euch das Trainingswochenende sparen und ne schriftliche Schmockbewertung bei mir beantragen koennen.

Ok, also:

1) Repairklausis = Necrotech

2) Erstmal: Darragh is eh schon in der Liste -> Kraken. Ausserdem: Goreshade macht den Kraken halt schneller, freut sich ueber ne Knarre die Business macht bevor man comitten muss.

3) Naja die Wraithengine hilft halt um zusaetzlich +2 ARM auf die Banerider zu machen, das is schon in einigen Matchups nice. Ich seh ein, dass es nicht unbedingt verpflichtend is (deswegen hab ich's auch nicht in die unverhandelbare Grundmasse rein), aber das is schon ne gute Ability.

Ich wuerde sagen, was du wirklich an unverhandelbarer Grundmasse brauchst, is das hier:

Conflict Chamber | Main
    conflictchamber.com

Cryx

[Theme] Dark Host

!!! This army must contain at least 97 total points.

[Goreshade 3] Goreshade, Lord of Ruin [+27]

- Kraken [32]

Bane Lord Tartarus [0(5)]

Darragh Wrathe [7]

Bane Riders (max) [17]

Bane Riders (max) [17]

Was ich definitiv noch empfehlen wuerde sind 1-2 Repairklausis und ne Wraith Engine.

Jetzt sacht ma. Is das nicht ultrascheisse fuers Ego, wenn da so unrasierter Strolch (der 2 Jahre kein Spiel gemacht hat) auftaucht, erstmal euch und eure Listen beleidigt, sich dann von euch Puppen schnorrt, euch dann mit euren geschnorrten Puppen abzieht und mit der Medaille heimfaehrt? :P

In eigener Sache: Es war saucool euch alle mal wiederzusehen! Big thanks an Ben und Samir fuers Ausrichten/Uebernachten/etc.

I have been made aware that I have neglected to insult the teams "Cappucino Special" and "Wilden Kerle". I am reasonably confident that I have some scathing reviews for you prepared and loaded and got simply sabotaged by the 10000 character limitation of page5. I will post them after work once I sit on my private PC again.

Kommander Wurschtbrot

MoeJoe (Severius1/Amon)

Well, that's a name I haven't read in a while. I like that MoeJoe is up and about again and playing some games. Incidentially, I like these lists, too.

4.3/5

Moe(noJoe) (Shade3/Denny)

Awwww. Horseshade? Kraken? My main man Darragh? Instant like.

5/5

Haste nich…

Wout (Gunny2/Ragnor)

This guy used to be someone, I guess. I don't know about all these models though. What do barrage teams even do? Gudrun the Wasted? Boomhowler the Destroyer? Looks like the guy raided a RiotQuest boardgame night and made off with all the cute toy soldiers. Who has time to read all these cards. Seems a bit too experimental for my taste.

3.5/5

Laurens (Shade4/Vyros2)

FUCKING PUNY ELF WITH LESS THAN TWO TRIDENTS PER LIST? Hold on, actual 0 Tridents across two lists? Get off my lawn. Actually, get off my fucking team first, then get off my lawn.

1.3/5

Sascha (Jalaam/Mordikaar)

I know this guy personally. He used to be a big deal and write way better lists. I also have it on good authority that he has only put Mak0 into his lists because somebody told him to and he hasn't actually read her card, so we can't even give him points for that.

Also, I hope he regrets bringing this janky Jalaam list instead of an actual Rasheth.

3.3/5

PADF

Mareike (Rasheth/Mak3)

I do like that she plays Rasheth. I do not like that there's a Bronzeback and a Gladiator in her list instead of, you know, turtles. Still seems like she's the one Skorneplayer in this tournament who knows how the good caster is called.

4.5/5

Christoph (Grissel1/Jarl)

Jesus, these lists look weird - in a good way though, somehow. Did Boomhowlers get a lot cheaper? I don't know, none of this looks super proven and it might be a bit on the janky side. I'll risk losing my supervillain status here and proclaim that I'm a believer.

4.1/5

Micha (Vindictus/Anson)

No, my friend, this is not it. Menoth has a plethora of powerful casters, including casters that run the ragtag lists you're bringing a lot better than Vindictus/Anson. Hand your head in shame. Go on a pilgrimage to the hamlet of Uphill and ask to speak with the resident Earl.

2.3/5

Affenjungs

Dome (Grissel/Gunny2)

I don't know man, if Dome chose these lists they are likely good, but I wanna see this shit on the table before I give this serious score. A bit too experimental for me.

3.1/5

Robin (Skuld/Kolgrimma)

These lists are a lot more tried and trusted and boring. Which is how we like our lists on this show. I'm actually surprised that Robin didn't dust of his old love Legion and try the new Lilly4.

4.3/5

Luki (OW2/Wanderer)

This is pretty much what I expect from a serious contender.

4.6/5

In Vino Veritas

Rotwein Andi (Gearheart/Lukas)

Gearhart is always a welcome sight, but I don't like the melee idiots. I'd prefer more guns or at least the bangtrain (I forget what it's called, but you know what I mean).

3.6/5

Sven (Kozlov/Strakhov)

I'm faintly aware that Sven is a qualified player and for sure more in touch with the meta than I am, these days. However, I don't know what Lord Kozlov card says, I don't want to look it up and it's much easier to just claim that these lists are shit.

2.4/5

Tobi (Madrak3/Kolgrima)

I don't know how you managed to fuck this up, but Kolgrima is the one that wants Eaters and Teddies. Even Alfredo figured that out. Also, I want to see that Madrak3 does something useful before I respect him.

2.4/5

Tabletop Finest

Cidster (Zaal2/Xekaar)

I really love that Martin is back for some WMH. I love Zaal2. I think this Bronzeback with Zaal2 used to be Belgian secret tech. I think Xekaar is still shit though.

3.8/5

Splatter (Krueger2/Una2)

I don't know what to make of these lists. I'm going out on a limb and say it would be much stronger if Krueger would be running Tharn and the double Zapdos list would be headed by Baldur2. I mean I can't claim these lists are shit, but I can't grade them too highly either.

3.6/5

Matthias (Gearheart/Syvestro)

Gearhart is nice, even though I prefer the Vulcan build. I also think Syvestro is still the best caster in the faction and apparently Matthias agrees with me.

4.6/5

Wilden Kerle

Micha (Xekaar/Rasheth)

This is pretty much the perfect Rasheth list of old, except there's now a Death Archon in place of the last Cyclops that. Maybe this will be come the new gold standard? Certainly as schmock as it gets. Here's my problem though: I'm convinced Xekaar is still shit. What's worse, Micha has a huge weakness: He occassionally decides to play his janky offlist when it's not really required to do so. I shall monitor the situation closely.

4.4/5 based on Rasheth and pretty much only Rasheth

Greif (Harby/Kreoss3)

So this is how a broken list looks when you can no longer take your broken initiates for free? The Earl of Uphill just shed a tear for you, Christopher. To me, on the other hand, Harby still looks disgustingly broken - even though I'll admit you do seem some points short for Horseclaimer. I do like the second list quite a bit, too. Fire of Salvation for 13pts does read kinda sweet.

4.6/5

JoJo

Another Lilly4, about which I've already said that I think she's broken. I'm still not convinced about this Beast loadout either. I would like to see a few more boostable guns, but I gave Nic 3.9 and these lists look pretty much strictly superior to me, so I have to up the ante a bit.

4.2/5

Cappucino Special

Smets (Kraye/Styker1)

What is this? Captain Kraye with a bunch of jacks that don't have guns? Did I miss something? I mean, it's entirely possible I did, but I'll believe it when you make me pay on the tabletop. I'm also not too excited about this Flames list. I think the good models in this Theme are the regular fuckers with the blessed maces (can't remember how they're called, but consider spamming them).

2.3/5

Niels (Vlad2/Malakov)

I love this Vlad2 list, for some reason. It's too experimental to give it full points, but I think the caster itself is good and all the supporting crew is well chosen (including Alexia1, which I think I haven't seen enough of in all these lists). Double conquest skew is a nice touch, too. I'll give you a bunch of Schmockpoints, even though this is definitely more on the creative side than I'd normally appreciate.

4/5

Christophe (Zerkova2/some kitbash?)

Karchev & Deathjack, Malignant Fusion? Is this a thing? You just did some kitbash and came up with some custom rules and wanted to see if somebody noticed, yes? Did they legitimately release some Karchev in Deathjackbody model? Obviously, I'll not open Warroom before I make my judgment, but I will assume that this model exists and that it's broken right in half because most models that suddenly appear on my radar without prior notice and CID are.

4/5 (<- I have no idea if this is truly justified)

Heimmannschaft

Admiral Nelson (Fyanna2/Vayl2)

Oof, is this good? I hope this isn't good. What did they do to Swordsmen that makes you wanna pay 30pts and two requisition options for 20 of them? It just looks bad. I like Vayl2 in principle, but Swordsmen again? Are you traveling with limited bag size my friend? I've built lists like this when I had to fly to some tournament in the UK and needed to fit a shitton of Banes into a small Feldherr case.

2.4/5

Hjard (Lucant/Iron Mother Directrix)

The backbone looks decent, but is Mother really the good caster for the double TEP? Also, Destructotron 3000? This sounds like it broke free from World of Warcraft's Gnomereagan Dungeon. Also, secret trick: If you wanna optimize for schmockpoints, I have some soft spot for Recursion :)

3.7/5

Carnak (Denny1/Agathia)

This is not it. I'm not buying that these lists are any good. Denny1 wants a lot higher volume of attacks than Agathia does. Have you just taken the same lists and swapped the casters? Maybe the guy doesn't own more models? Or he's in the Admiral Nelson camp of "traveling with limited bagspace"...?

1.9/5

Allright. Since so many of you have asked to be subjected to verbal abuse by yours truly, I'll oblige and insult you halfwits and, more specifically, your lists to the best of my (considerable) abilities. In case you're as uninformed as you look - my name is Dr. K and and I'm the proverbial villain of this show. Actually, scratch that. There's nothing proverbial about me, I'm just the villain.

The way this works is thus: I'm just gonna go team by team and grade your lists on a scale of 0 to 5 based on how powerful/disgusting/degenerate those lists are. Contrary to previous installments, you can no longer score bonus points by shamelessly netdecking from recent tournament winners (on account of me not being exactly up to date on tournament results). I will at this point disclose that I have neither checked out all the latest releases, nor played a game of warmachine in the past 2 years. But who needs any of that, when you got a bunch of trophies proclaiming you as "World Champion" or "European Champion" or "Deutscher Meister" on your shelf, right?

So without further ado, I'll just have to wing it a bit here.

Gabel, Schere, Messer, Lich

Nic (Lilly4/Bethayne1)

I'll be frank here, I've strongly considered bringing Lilly4 to the tournament because I think she's busted as fuck. I'm not sure I'd have chosen the same beast loadout, but can't fault the guy for trying something that looks broken on the table. However, I don't know what they did to Azrael in the latest dynamic update that led you to believe he's now a decent model (it's still 17pts man). Also, why Archangels in both lists? Is this how the game is played these days? I'm still gonna give this guy a solid rating based on my initial evaluation of Lilly4 alone (and because I can't set the bar too high on the first rating of the session).

3.9/5

Tobias (Stryker1/Haley2)

The Stryker1 list seems like something I'd like to try out and some point. It contains a bunch of powerful models that do a lot of business. The Haley2 list looks really interesting. Do we award points for interesting lists on this show? No. No we do not. Get Artificer Prime Nemo out of this list or at least find some value unit to revive for him. Fucking Mangler? Can't tell if that's jank or tech and when in doubt, I'd rather just insult they guy's list.

3.1/5

Brendan (Falcir/Issyria)

Brendan plays this new Falcir guy. I have not read this model's rules and I will refuse to do so until somebody deploys him across me. I do however, have complete faith in PPs inability to properly balance releases in general and new Retribution models in particular. Extrapolating the usual crazy powercreep for Retribution releases, I'll assume guy is probably a monster. I'll also assume this guy has a special rule on the back of his card that restricts him to a single Trident in his list. Otherwise this list makes no sense. Brendan's second list is a cookie-cutter Issyria1 with a bunch of the usual Retribution staples. Actually, now that I look at it, this list also has only one Trident, so maybe PP finally did see sense and restricted the Trident to FA:1 in general in the dynamic update (which I have only skimmed over, in fairness).

I'll give this guy a solid grade in good faith and with the assumption that Tridents are actually FA:1 now*

4.8/5

*I will be immensely upset if I discover this is not actually true.

Bündniss21

Commander Huf (Kael/Elara2)

I mean how seriously can I take this guy? Obviously, he's at least as washed up as I am, but what's more: The guy is a friggin' teacher who tolerates a typo in his team name. BündnisS, Herr Oberstudienrat? Man, how the mighty have fallen. Ok, let's look at his lists. He did bring a good blend of innovation and degeneracy in the past, so I'm actually looking forward to this... hmmmm. He plays two generic Retribution casters, none of which I rate above the likes of Issyria or Garryth2. He also doesn't have the new guy. The non-warcaster models he brings seem pretty powerful, allthough this double-jack-marshal thing seems like too much flourish and too little substance for my dry taste. I also note, that Commander Huf plays one Trident per list, which further reinforces my deduction that this is, in fact, the new FA limit.

slightly disappointing 2.9/5

Danny (Rask/Azazello)

This guy plays Rask. Rask is broken as hell and I do appreciate that. He plays Turbopig, WESJ and a bunch of these new Death Archons, which look extremely potent, too. I'm quite frankly not really interested in the second list, because this Rask build looks like something he can play in every single round.

4.6/5

Teuchner (Gearhart/Lukas)

Let's be honest here, I haven't expected much, because this guy hasn't net-decked a decent list since Doomshaper2 was good - but I'm pleasantly surprised at the Schmock I'm presented here. Baldwin with a ton of guns is extremly simple-minded and uncompromising, which I appreciate in a list. I'm not sure how good the second list is, but at least it looks pretty skew with a bunch of Vindicators.

4.0/5

Andi Scheuers Kompetenzteam

Alfredo (Kolgrimma/Carver)

Alfredo my dude, take a bow, this Kolgrimma list actually looks good. You'll probably sabotage it with your usual mediocre play, but that's not my problem. And for the rest of you half-wits, take note: this is how you score schmockpoints. You go and you take a tried/trusted Caster like Kolgrimma, click all of the best models your faction offers into that list and then create a second list that's such an absurd skew that it will force some pairings even if you never plan to play it. I absolutely love this Carver list, by the way. I hope it sees play and owns.

4.8/5

Julian (OW2/Wanderer)

I like the Old Witch2 list, I like all the dudes and Julian is playing the Twilight Sisters, which is (objectively!) correct. The second list might also be powerful and at the very least skew, which is how we like our second lists.

4.6/5

BNF (Morvahna1/Kaya3)

I have always had a soft spot in my heart for high-ceiling recursion lists and Morvahna1 certainly fits the bill. I am not sure about the second list though. These dogs might be cute, but they'll drop faster than Makeda's panties when the Supreme Ruler of the Skorne Empire enters her bedchamber.

I'll give Bernhard some credit and Schmockpoints because I really like the first list and the second list is at the very least very skew.

3.5/5

Evil like a Monday morning

(excellent team name btw)

Smerlap (Denny3/Lich2)

I do think Denny3 is a huge winner of the latest dynamic update, but this ain't exactly proven tech and Lich2 is a bit past his prime, let's be real here. Like this stuff is not bad, but it's not gonna crack the Schmock highscore any time soon.

3.0/5

Stijn (Skarre1/Scavy)

This guy plays Skarre1 with 4 Stalkers and I'm immediately sold. I'm less excited about the Scaverous list - it seems a bit too fancy for me. Why is there a Nomad on Gaspy4? However, this list also contains a model I've never seen or even heard about, Dr. Stygius. I'll have to assume that it's broken and schmocky.

3.9/5 (can't go wrong with Skarre1)

Benoit (Mak1/Mak3)

He plays a pretty strong Mak1 list. I have dabbled in some similar Mak1 lists back in the day and they are to be respected. However, if you pair it with one of the most overrated casters in Skorne you're not getting any applause from Dr. K. Where's you Rasheth? Where's your Zaal2? Your Rasheth? Where is the secret sauce?

2.6/5.0

Dice & Duty

Manni (Dreamer/Wanderer)

This Dreamer list is as 2019 (2018?) as it gets and I like that. It has been played in similar form by the likes of Dominik de Cassan and I don't think there is a particular reason why it shouldn't perform well today. I also like the second list quite a bit.

4.4/5

Mike (Ossyan1/Shade4)

HOLY FUCKING SHIT TRIDENTS ARE STILL FA2 AND I HAVE LET ALL THESE INSOLENT FOOLS ESCAPE MY WRATH. WHAT IS WRONG WITH EVERYONE. DO YOU SPOILED ELVEN BRATS HONESTLY BELIEVE THE TRIDENT IS ANYTHING LESS THAN COMPLETELY BROKEN JUST BECAUSE YOU ONLY GET ONE TOKEN PER TURN?

Take a page out of Mike's book. I'm not going to go ahead and change my previous ratings, but I will go on a holy crusade against Retribution players who I have not reviewed yet. Yeah, that's a bit unfair, but who gives a shit if Scyrah players are treated unfairly?

5/5 for playing two Tridents in the same list

Pascal (Madrak3/Azazello)

Did something happen to Madrak3 in the dynamic update or is he still shit? What are these models? EBDT? Fennblades? I feel like I have given enough players the benefit of the doubt. Prove me wrong.

2.5/5

TTS

Jovan (Child/OW2)

This OW2 gets an instant Dr. Kellerman seal of approval. The Child list is also really nice. If everybody would just play lists like this, I wouldn't have to rant all that much (+ I wouldn't have to read all these new models tomorrow).

4.8/5

Philipp (K2/Kaya3)

Initial assessment: That Krueger2 list is okay, but not spectacular. The Kaya3 list looks shit. What is this? A bunch of Warpwolves? Are we back in Mk2? Hm, then again, it's legit 7 Heavies, right. It will present some problems for those who are weak of mind and biceps.

Secondary assessment: Man, these looks might be much worse or much better than initially anticipated depending on how the scenario is looking. What is Steamroller2021 looking like btw? Will I know any of these scenarios?

2.6/5

Ivo (Kolgrima/Calandra)

Kolgrima (the corrrect choice) with Northkin (the correct theme) and Bears/Eaters (the correct models). I'm not sure about the second list, but I've always been a bit of a Calandra fan. I'll give Ivo a generous helping of Schmockpoints for that alone plus some extra on top because the lists contain a bunch of models I've never seen/heard/read, including Boomhowler, the Destroyer and General "Thunderstone" Brug. I'll assume, given PPs track record, that these models are busted.

Ich spiel das extrem gerne, komme nur leider selten dazu, weil ich im letzten Loch lebe (ausserdem, Corona).

Ich finde das Spiel ist bisschen ne Mischung aus Malifaux, WoW Arena und nem Squadbasierten MOBA wie Dota oder Heroes of Newerth oder so. Du hast 3-5 Dudes in deiner "Mannschaft", die koennen leveln und items und upgrades kaufen. Man kloppt sich in ner kreisfoermigen Arena und an zwei Enden der Arena gibt es jeweils so ne Art "Ancient" (effigy), wenn man zertritt gewinnt man. Die Aktivierungseconomy ist sehr aehnlich zu Malifaux 2e.

Top:
    - Spiel scheint grade in einem recht gut gebalanctem Zustand zu sein
    - Riot Quest bringt Dutzende neue & interessante Solos ins Spiel
    - persoenliches 6-0 auf der WTC gespielt
    - Nordish Masters gewonnen
    - Deutscher Meister geworden
    - @Dominikdc wurde wieder auf Turnieren gesichtet

Flop:
    - aus Teamsicht lief WTC enttaeuschend (4-2, davon eine Niederlage gegen Canada2)
    - immer noch kein Nerf fuer Dawnguard Trident

Ausblick:
    - bisschen mit Mercs rumbloedeln um den post-WTC Burnout aus den Knochen zu schuetteln

4 Punkte Solo, anständige Knifte, eingebauter Reroll, respawned als ein anderes Solo....nicht gut genug für Grymkin? :D

Anstaendige Knarre? Knarre die eventuell tut was sie will, oder? Ich mein der macht ja mit dem normalen Schuss nicht zuverlaessig Schaden. Wenn das alles Ammo Types waeren und er sich aussuchen kann ob er die Leute rumpusht oder Despell macht oder nen Damageroll macht, yo, klar. Aber irgendwie sieht der grad extrem unattraktiv aus.

Hm ja, aber bedeutet das denn dann nicht: Der Zaal macht halt die Harby auf? Oder ist dann eher ein 50-50 für den Zaal?

Das is eher ein 50/50 fuer Zaal2, wenn ueberhaupt. Der Vorteil daran Exalted in Harby reinzuspielen ist halt "man verliert nicht automatisch".

Man kann es bestimmt noch besser machen, wenn man z.B. Morgs2 als Exaltedcaster spielt oder besagten Void Archon in die Liste reinpresst.

Ich halte es zumindest für wahrscheinlicher, das man im DoA 2 Void Archons spielt als in der Exalted Liste.
    Die hat mehr Spielraum und der kann ja auch Seelen von irgendwelchen Minions sammeln.

Ich glaub das irgendwie nicht, einfach aus praktischen Gruenden. In nem Exalted/DoA pairing ist auf jeden Fall die Exaltedliste diejenige die die Harby bekaempfen muss (leider immer noch n krasser Metabender und Problemkind fuer Skorne). Deswegen will die Liste auch den Archon haben, sowohl das boostbare 10er Spray als auch Entropic Force sind mega in dem Matchup. Ich kann mir kaum vorstellen, dass man den gleichen Tech in der Zweitliste nochmal wiederholen will.

Kann natuerlich sein, dass ich mich irre ich mich oder das voellig falsch einschaetze (Spoiler Alert: passiert jetzt nicht extrem haeufig :angel: ).

Kleine Frage zum Thema Cryx und Seitenwahl. Sehr ihr die Seitenwahl für Cryx in jedem Fall wichtiger als Spieler1 zu sein?

Ich finde es fast immer wichtiger zu kontrollieren wer erster ist und nur manchmal wichtiger das gute Gelaende rauszusuchen. In fast allen Matchups ist erster sein gut und super wichtig. In einigen Matchups ist es gut zweiter zu sein (Krueger2 will in einigen Matchups unbedingt als erster scoren z.B) und in den Situationen ist es dann oft noch wichtiger den Startwurf zu gewinnen. Das Gelaende aussuchen ist natuerlich nice, aber glaub selten wird man in nem Matchup nur wegen dem Gelaende den andern anfangen lassen. Es gibt ein paar prominente Ausnahmen (Harbinger und n geiles Haus, z.B.) - denke aber eher nicht in Cryx.

Fuer den voellig unwahrscheinlichen Fall, dass ich die wifepoints zamgekratzt kriege da mitzuspielen, waere dann noch ein Plaetzchen fuer den guten Doktor frei?

In unrelated News, ist auf dem Event irgendjemand von dem ich mir einen Blockader und zwei Menotharchons fuers Turnier erschnorren koennte?

Wir spielen gegen England Roses. Ich halte mich zum ersten mal aus dem Pairingprozess so n bisschen raus, weil ich lieber mit Flo quatsche und wir der Meinung sind, dass viele Koeche den Brei verderben.

Ich spiele nochmal gegen Baldur1, quasi die gleiche Liste die sein Landsmann Brett auch gezockt hat. Diesmal auf Recon2. Ich darf wieder anfangen,bin aber nach 5 Ruenden schon bisschen durch und mache nen dummen fehler, weswegen direkt T1 Puppen in Port + Werfreichweite vom LotF stehen. Deswegen verbringe ich die zweite Haelfte von meinem ersten Zug damit, meine Shield Guards gut zu verteilen und kann mir nicht maximal viel Board krallen.

Er sieht, dass es nicht megaviel Sinn macht den LotF jetzt herzugeben und rennt mir entgegen. Weil er alle seine Tracker in/hinter einem kleinen Wald parken will, macht er nen etwas unnoetigen Stellungsfehler weswegen ich 4 Tracker und Brighid unter die 3er Schablone von Zaals Annhilation Spell kriege (gearced via Immortal Vessel). Dieser Spell macht keinen Blastdamage (einfach straight POW10) und ignoriert somit Baldur's Solid Ground spell. So bekomme ich nicht nur 5 Seelen fuer naechste Runde, sondern nehme auch dem Caul dem alten Berserker direkt 4 POW ab. Ich beschliesse noch nicht zu featen, weil ich ja noch locker in Sicherheit stehe (or so I thought...)

Mein Gegner nimmt dann allerdings paar Wuerfel in die Hand und legt mir mit nem LotF (mit Stoneskin, aber nur 2 Corpses) und nem schiessendem Zapdos nen full health Supreme Guardian gegen Hermit und 1 Shield Guard (wtf?). Ich hab das jetzt nicht exakt durchgerechnet, aber es klingt einfach nicht megarealistisch. Der Lord kann effektiv zweimal zuhauen mit -3 und -4 (S&P) und der Zapdos kriegt zwei geboostete Shots durch mit -3. Gefuehlt sollten da noch 10 Platten Puffer sein, aber der Dicke bricht. Er scored auch den ersten CP, kann aber meine Flagge nicht wirklich contesten, sodass ich am Ende seines Turns auf 1-1 hochscore.

Ich feate und nehme ihm ordentlich Ravager + den Lord + Caul und score 2 und conteste seine Flagge (3-1 fuer mich). Er probiert noch bisschen Attrition zu spielen und kriegt in meinem Feat erstaunlich viel geregelt (und featet natuerlich selbst jetzt gegen). Er punktet einen, kann aber wieder nicht meine Flagge contesten (denke das ist der entscheidende zweite Fehler, nach seinem Blunder mit dem Annihilate). Deswegen steht es nun 4-2 und ich muss 3 points machen und contesten um zu gewinnen.

Einen kriege ich ja sowieso weil meine Flagge bereits frei ist. Eine Zone ist bequem fuer mich zu clearen und nun muessen 4-5 Immortals, von denen einer +2 STR hat halt sein Objective zertruemmern, was laessig funktioniert. Ich gewinne 7-2 auf Szenario und wir etwas spaeter auch halbwegs bequem die Runde (mit 4-1, if memory serves).

Auch wenn das persoenliche 6-0 natuerlich erfreulich ist, ist es superschade, dass die WTC lief, wie sie lief. Es nichtmal ins Viertelfinale zu schaffen war bitter und als Team mit nem 4-2 heimzufahren ist uns bisher noch nie passiert. Wobei man auch sagen muss, dass wir relativ knackige Gegner hatten, die Englaender (Lions) waren ja unter den Titelfavoriten, in die muss man nicht unbedingt direkt am ersten Tag reinrennen und gegen Canada kann man auch mal verlieren.

Spiel 5 vs Canada Goose

Zu diesem Match gibts eine ausfuehrliche Diskussion vom Pairingprozess hier: http://forum.page5.de/4.1/inde…&postID=867326#post867326

Deswegen kommen wir direkt zum eingemachten: Ich zocke gegen Marc-Andre LeBlanc mit Zaal2 gegen seine Iona. Das Szenario ist Invasion, was ganz guenstig fuer ihn ist, weil ich dann nicht den ganz laecherlichen Szenarioblitz androhen kann. Ich darf wieder allerdings anfangen, was wiederum gut fuer mich ist. Wir klopfen uns paar Runden und ich vertrade Dudes die wiederkommen gegen Dudes die nicht wiederkommen, was mich immer sehr grosse Freude bereitet.

Ich kann extrem spaet featen (Runde4 oder so?) mache dann allerdings nen mittelgrossen Blunder und stelle in meinem Featturn den Schmerzi B2B mit nem grossen Steinklaus. Marc sieht das natuerlich sofort und commited hart auf den Steinklaus. 2-3 hits spaeter stirbt der Schmerzi an den Elektroleaps. Waere halt kein Stress gewesen so nen ARM23 Ancestral Guardian oder sogar meinen Caster B2B mit dem Guardian zu stellen, aber ich hab einfach gepennt. Paar gute damagerolls vom Zapdos und paar gefeatete Tharn spaeter bricht er in meinem Featturn durch meinen Guardian durch, was richtig aetzend ist.

Ich kriege dann aber den zweiten dicken Steinmann an seinen Zapdos, zertruemmer den und auf einer Flanke gewinnen meine Immortals endlich den Zermuerbungskrieg gegen seine Ravager. Ich score paar Punkte. Wir kaempfen noch paar Runden erbittert weiter, aber mein dicker Steinklaus hat richtig Bock, killt in der Folgerunde mit 2 hits seinen Well, cleared quasi nochmal seine ganze Meleerange von Dudes und ab dann hat er mehr oder weniger nix mehr.

Marc-Andre ist uebrigens ein echter Champion und superfeiner Dude. Wegen solchen Spielen faehrt man auf die WTC.

Jetzt kommt der traurige Teil der Geschichte: Obwohl auch Flo sein Spiel gewinnt, gehen wir am Ende 2-3 gegen die Kanadier unter. Damit ist maximal noch 4-2 fuer uns drin und jede Hoffnung auf Treppchen ist weg. Ziel fuer das letzte Spiel ist also noch das persoenliche 6-0 zu erspielen und sich nicht zu sehr aergern.

Wir erfahren schon Abends, dass wir gegen Finnland zocken werden. Wir treffen Paulie am Abend vorher. Zur Information: Pauli ist der Dude der 2015 Weltmeister geworden ist, weil er ne Asssassination von James Moorhouse gefacetanked hat. Ihr wisst schon, die Nummer mit dem Selfie). Pauli ist so sternhagel voll, dass er sich von uns den Spitznamen "Kommander Hackedicht" erwirbt. Es scheint schwer vorstellbar, dass die Jungs am naechsten morgen in voller Staerke um 8:30 an den Tischen sitzen werden.

Zu fortgeschrittener Stunde traegt Tatu einfach Paulie davon, weil er findet, dass er genug hatte (Spoiler: Wenn sogar Tatu beschliesst, dass du zuviel getrunken hast, dann ist alles zu spaet).

Wir kleinen tryhards wollen natuerlich lieber ihre Listen analysieren als zuviel zu saufen. Wir begehen nen klassischen Fehler und tragen uns ne Menge positiver Matchups ein, weil wir ihre Listen nicht verstehen. Ich wuerde jedem mal empfehlen, sich die Listen anzuschauen, weil das is wirklich wilder shit.

Am naechsten morgen sind die aber alle an den Tischen und ready to play. Wir koennen es kaum fassen. Pairings passieren und ich zocke meinen Rasheth gegen Juho mit Fiona. Ich hab zwar gesagt, dass ich die gegnerischen Listen nicht alle posten will, aber die hier muss sein, nur fuer den Genuss:

[Theme] The Irregulars
    [Fiona 1] Fiona the Black [+27]

- Buccaneer [7]
    - Buccaneer [7]
    - Buccaneer [7]
    - Buccaneer [7]
    Alexia, Mistress of the Witchfire [7]
    Anastasia di Bray [3]
    Brun Cragback [16]
    Gudrun the Wanderer [0(5)]
    Hermit of Henge Hold [0(5)]
    Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress [0(4)]
    Thor Steinhammer [4]
    - Ghordson Basher [9]
    Captain Sam MacHorne & the Devil Dogs (max) [18]
    - Freebooter [9]
    Lady Aiyana & Master Holt [8]

Boom. Naja, es kommt relativ schnell raus, dass der sich natuerlich was dabei gedacht hat und das nicht nur die Figuren sind, die bequem in seinen Transportkoffer gepasst haben (so eine unserer Theorien vom Vorabend). Er hat sich nicht nur eine Sache gedacht, sondern richtig viele und ich muss ganz schoen zittern gegen so nen uebernaechtigten Finnen mein Spiel heimzufahren (besonders, weil ich mir vorher grosskotzig 60 oder 65% eingetragen hab).

Die beiden absoluten Stars der Show fuer ihn sind Gudrun the Wanderer und das dynamische Duo Brun/Lug. Die haben doch alle paar unverschaemte Regeln extra die ich nicht so genau kannte. Insbesondere kommt er mal mit dem retreat-move vom Baeren an irgendwelche juicy targets hinter meiner Turtle. Dieser "retreat-move" ist der letzte Witz. Der ist nicht nur voellig free-strike frei, sondern auch "towards" statt "directly towards" (lies: ich "retreate" alibihalber 0.2mm naeher an meinen Zwerg den ich vorher gerannt habe, aber eigentlich geh ich straight 5 zoll auf deine Puppen zu). Am Ende hab ich noch 1 light, 2 weapon crews und eine Turtle und er irgendwie seine halbe Armee, aber es ist die haelfte der Armee die schlecht darin ist Turtles zu toeten (+ jetzt steh ich wenigstens gut...). Ich gewinne so halb auf Szenario, dann endgueltig auf die Clock.

Wir raeumen die Jungs 5-0 weg. Hat megabock gemacht gegen Juho zu zocken, der ist nett, qualifiziert und hat die geilsten Listen.

Spiel 3 vs England Lions
    Die Jungs haben natuerlich noch ne Rechnung mit uns offen, nachdem wir sie vor 2 Jahren ausm Halbfinale rausgeklatscht haben. Zum Pairingprozess kann ich folgendes sagen: Die haben zwei Grymkin und zwei Circlespieler gegen die ich mir ganz gute Matchups ausmale und mal wieder ne Harby. Sie paaren aber direkt die Harby vor und damit bin ich quasi n Freifahrtsschein. Ich behaupte zwar nicht, dass ich gegen so starke Gegner nen Sieg garantieren kann, nur weil das Matchup gut ist, aber ich hab zumindest jetzt schonmal n anstaendiges Spiel vor mir. Ich versuche noch bisschen meine Teammates zu beraten und natuerlich moeglichst einen von den Gegnern mir zu angeln, der sonst moeglichst gute Matchups hat, aber es ist ziemlich zwecklos. Robin moechte Grymkin dodgen und Ben hat gegen Grymkin auch nur n wackliges 50/50 mit dem Baum. Die Pairings sind dann so wie auf wmh-wtc.com zu sehen. Ich kriege Brett Wilkie.

Vorab: Brett Wilkie is ne lebende Legende der schon richtig gut war und mit Paul North und Jamie Perkins auf WTCs gefahren, als ich grade mal angefangen hab zu zocken. Ich hab vorher noch nie gegen ihn gezockt. Glaube ich hab ihn jetzt erwischt, wo er schon n paar Jahre im passivem Ruhestand war, aber der konnte auf jeden Fall noch spielen und ist n supernetter Kerl.

Wir spielen Zaal2 vs Baldur1, mit Ghetorix und Zapdos (was gefuehlt der Tech der Circlespieler ist gegen Zaal2). Er hat kein Well, dafuer Tracker (bin mir noch nicht ganz sicher ob das so clever ist, aber sieht fuer mich auch nach Zaal-tech aus).

Meine Meinung zu dem Matchup: Es ist eh schonmal leicht besser fuer mich, trotz all dem Tech. Ich gewinne den Startwurf, dann isses schon signifikant besser fuer mich. Top2 kommt der Sunder Spirit auf Ghetorix auf die geboostete 10, was Spiney fuer eine Runde ausschaltet. Ich nehm n dicey play auf nen Ghetorix mit Stoneskin aber ohne Spiney ueber eine Mauer (15/19, 30 boxen, rapid healing) mit nem dicken Steinklaus (+2 STR, 3 souls). Ghetorix faellt und ich glaube dann ist es schon extrem undankbar fuer ihn das Szenario zu verteidigen.

Wir grinden noch n bisschen rum, aber ich gewinne dann irgendwann relativ bequem. Brett schuettelt mir die Hand und wir tauschen Shirts :) Flo gewinnt, Ben verliert, Moritz verliert und Altmeister @The Kid spielt aufm kritischen Tisch um das 2-2 hoffentlich fuer uns zu drehen. Ich hab die Situation schon so oft gesehen, dass er noch als letzter grindet (vs Amerika in Irland z.B., vs. England Lions in Belgien2017 z.B...) und zum ersten mal in 4 von mir besuchten WTCs delivered der Maestro nicht. Nach ner krassen Zitterpartie verliert er sein Spiel leider (ich denke es liegt an den gekuerzten Haaren). Wir scheiden also leider 2-3 gegen England aus.

Spiel 2 vs Polen West
    Die sind natuerlich n deutlich haerteres Kaliber, aber es ist (denke ich) das schwaechste polnische Team, obwohl man bei den Polen vorher immer nie so genau weiss, welches das A-Team ist. Wir machen Pairings so gut es halt geht, aber die haben ne Harbinger und wir leiden im Pairingprozess jedesmal darunter, dass wir keinen einzigen richtig verlaesslichen Harbydrop dabei haben. Am Ende zocke ich gegen Andrzej, das ist deren zweiter Menit (ohne Harby, yay!).

Wir zocken Rasheth vs Kreoss1 (Judy, Judy, Redeemer, Redeemer) auf Bunker. Er laesst mich anfangen, damit ich nicht als erster scoren kann. Das Matchup ist ziemlich interessant und ich glaube auf den allermeisten Szenarien auch ziemlich gut fuer Kreoss. Bunker ist aber zu schnell fuer seinen Geschmack. Das Spiel dreht sich viel darum, ob der Skornespieler sich Runde fuer Runde so praezise hinstellen kann, dass der Kreoss nicht die Krea in Purification einfangen kann ohne in ner Position zu stehen wo er dann umgebracht wird. Mir gelingt das denke ich ziemlich gut und so machen seine Judicators nicht schnell genug hinreichend Schaden an meiner Armee und ich kann anfangen richtig viele Szenariopunnkte zu machen bevor es zu brenzlig wird.

Ich mach dann noch n Play wo ich alle seine Leute die realistisch an meine rechte Flagge laufen koennen wegraeume oder knockdown mache und dann nochmal am Ende seiner Runde scoren werde. Ab da ist er dann irgendwie schon 4 CP hinten und muss jede Runde damit rechnen, dass ich den Sack zumache (was dann auch passiert).

Ich quatsche danach noch bisschen mit meinem Gegner und der hatte das auf jeden Fall gekellert und war ziemlich zuversichtlich, dass er mich auf nem nicht ganz so unguenstigen Szenario auch gelegt gekriegt haette (was ich ihm sofort glaube)

Wir gewinnen ziemlich knapp 3-2. Was soll man sagen, sind halt die Polen :)

Spiel 1 gegen Netherlands
    Die Jungs sind mit Kasper und Paul am Start und drei Leuten gegen die ich zumindest noch nie gespielt habe. Sie schenken uns Stropwaffeln und joken n bisschen rum, dass sie nen Einlauf kriegen werden. Wir sind natuerlich auf die Jungs null vorbereitet (arrogant wie wir sind), aber sie haben eh schon beschlossen, dass sie verlieren werden und wuerfeln einfach den kompletten Paarungzprozess ueber knallhart aus, wen sie vorpaaren/anbieten werden.

Ich bekomme nen Meniten (Michael). Zu der Runde moecht ich ehrlich gesagt nicht megaviel schreiben, weil der Dude hat zwar ganz anstaendige Listen (er zieht nen Amon mit Colossal, mehr Jacks und etlichen Shieldguard Initiates), aber er bringt leider nicht die noetige Qualitaet auf die Platte als dass es wirklich spannend werden koennte. Er realisiert nicht, dass sein Gameplan sein sollte, nen Zehnagel ins Szenario zu stellen und mir ins Gesicht zu reiben, dass der Judicator Rocketpod weiter schiesst als meine Battle Engines chargen koennen. Wenn er jede Runde paar Raketen in mich versenkt und droht das Szenario zu clearen, dann waer da vllt was draus geworden, aber T3 moechte er gerne mal mit seinem Flammenwerfer voellig unnoetig auf ne Battle Engine spruehen, macht der halt so 15-20 Schaden und kriegt zum Dank den Judicator abgeraeumt.

Man muss sagen, dass Michael n supernetter Dude ist. Hat auf jeden Fall Bock gemacht und war schon auch gut nicht Runde1 gleich gegen nen Topfavoriten spielen zu muessen.

Wir gewinnen die Runde ziemlich souveraen mit 5-0.

Yo. Hier die obligatorischen Spielerbattlereports und eine lose Sammlung meiner Gedanken von der WTC in Belgien, die ich fuer Team Wildsau mit folgenden Listen bestritten habe:

[Theme] The Exalted
    [Zaal 2] Zaal, the Ancestral Advocate [+29]
    - Agonizer [6]
    - Basilisk Krea [7]
    - Cyclops Brute [8]
    - Cyclops Brute [8]
    Abidan the Keeper [0(5)]
    Ancestral Guardian [0(5)]
    Extoller Novitiate [2]
    Hakaar the Destroyer [0(6)]
    Hermit of Henge Hold [5]
    Immortal Vessel [3]
    Immortals (max) [13]
    - Extoller Advocate [3]
    Immortals (max) [13]
    - Extoller Advocate [3]
    Supreme Guardian [16]
    Supreme Guardian [16]

[Theme] Winds of Death
    [Rasheth 1] Dominar Rasheth [+28]
    - Agonizer [6]
    - Basilisk Krea [7]
    - Cyclops Raider [9]
    - Cyclops Raider [9]
    - Cyclops Shaman [8]
    Extoller Soulward [0(3)]
    Extoller Soulward [0(3)]
    Orin Midwinter, Rogue Inquisitor [5]
    Venator Dakar [4]
    Farrow Valkyries [8]
    Paingiver Beast Handlers (min) [5]
    Venator Flayer Cannon Crew [0(5)]
    Venator Flayer Cannon Crew [0(5)]
    Venator Slingers (min) [8]
    Siege Animantarax [17]
    Siege Animantarax [17]

Die Listen meiner Gegner werd ich nicht immer reinkopieren, aber die koennt ihr hier nachlesen: https://conflictchamber.com/?event=982

Vorgeplaenkel: Ich hab dieses Jahr nicht mehr soviel gespielt, wie noch damals in Duesseldorf - liegt eventuell am neuen Job, vor allem aber auch am nicht vorhandenen Meta in Franken. Hab auch keinerlei Turniere im Ausland besucht diese Saison und hab mich extrem rostig gefuehlt. Bin also Freitag Abend in Vielsalm im Kellerhaus aufgeschlagen und hab da in der Woche erstmal 23 Spiele abgerissen um wieder auf Pegel zu kommen :) Hab richtig gemerkt, wie am Anfang alles noch bisschen steif war und die clock immer irgendwie knapp war, aber gegen Ende der Woche war ich zuversichtlich, dass ich mich auf der WTC gut verkaufen kann.

Den Freitag drauf ziehen wir dann alle weiter zur WTC und wir spielen Abends noch unser Aufwaermspiel gegen Denmark Ugly Ducklings, wo ich gegen Rasmus zocke. Ich kenne den Dude nicht und er gesteht mir auch, dass das seine erste WTC ist. Ich werde vorab vom gegnerischen Captain Kasper noch gewarnt, dass Rasmus schlampig ist und nie Tokens an seine Puppen ranlegt und es ihm gut passen wuerde, wenn ich ihn wenigstens einmal blod damit ficke, damit er was dazu lernt.

Wir spielen Rasheth vs Lich1
    Das Spiel faengt schonmal an indem er nen Cryx-Knockdown marker an nen Stalker ranlegt und behauptet das waere sein Scything Touch Token X-D
    Das Spiel war ziemlich kurzweilig. Ich hab das Spiel gegen sehr aehnliche Listen nur immer mit Skarre1 mehrfach in der Kellerwoche gekellert. Lich1 scheint zumindest in Rasheth noch bisschen potenter zu sein, weil er nich so schnell Gas verliert post-feat. War auf jeden Fall interessant das nochmal gesehen zu haben, aber am Ende ringe ich ihn auf jeden Fall dank Erfahrung /Tabletime/etc nieder. Er verspricht sich einen Satz FrozenForge tokens zu goennen.

Naja, man muss schon zugeben, dass die 11, die er noch in Mk2 hatte, hart übertrieben waren. Bin froh, dass er jetzt in bisserl heruntergedreht wurde.

Hört ihr das innerlich auch mit Fredls Stimme vorgelesen?

Hm also zu den Teams gibt es kaum was zu sagen, ne. Es gab echt keinerlei Überraschungen. Wir haben uns auf 11 Teams konkret vorbereitet, d.h. gegen deren Listen aktiv gekellert und Matritzen ausgefüllt. Zumindest ich persönlich hab auch wirklich nur gegen die gekellert und mir von allen anderen 50 nicht-deutschen vorab nichtmal wirklich die Listen studiert. Es kommt halt echt nur auf die an.

Diese Teams waren: Enland 1&2, Polen Centrum, Polen South, Norway Munin, Canada 1&2, USA East, France Panoramix, Schweden Lagom und Schweden Ombudsman.

In den Final Standings waren in den Top10 ausschliesslich 8 Teams von unserer Shortlist (+2 deutsche Teams).

Listen von denen kann man vllt gesondert nochmal diskutieren, fehlt mir die Muse grade :)